With the D-D Reef-Pro Aquarium they have taken decades of continuous improvements and incorporated them into our own version of the 'perfect system', affordable and suitable for both beginners or advanced aquarists.
The flexible design provides an easy to use robust system that can be tailored to suit even the most demanding aquarist and includes all the essential features required for keeping a successful aquarium.
- Crystal clear, braceless aquarium with full polished edges to give an unimpeded view of your own personal reef.
- Balanced width to height ratio to enhance viewing, aquascaping and ease of coral placement.
- Unique 'Invisible weir box' design in black glass which almost disappears into the back of the aquarium.
- Multi-stage weir design provides a high turnover rate in the tank whilst minimising drain down levels in a power loss situation.
- Special “Ultra-Flow” weir comb allows 30-50% more water through, so that larger flow rates can be used.
- Twin overflow pipes offer safe, silent operation.
- Dry Box built into weir section to hide and pass through any pump and lighting cables.
- Perfectly matched for use with the D-D Slimline lighting bracket and AquaIllumination lighting.
By designing the tank to be wider than it is tall we create a more balanced aspect ratio which greatly enhances the viewing experience, allowing easier and more natural aquascaping and coral placement.
An internal weir box can become an unattractive focal point in any aquarium, dictating aquascaping and interrupting flow patterns inside the tank.
With this in mind the 'invisible weir box' of the PRO-Reef models has been carefully designed to minimise intrusion into the aquarium whilst exceeding the functionality found in most aquariums.
The Twin pipe overflow system allows almost silent running whilst the use of the D-D UltraFlow weir comb allows the maximum amount of waterflow without raising the water height in the aquarium.
- Sleek, extra tall cabinet that offers the perfect viewing height for the aquarium.
- Modern, heavy duty cabinet construction with high quality finish to compliment the home environment.
- Extra height internal space for installation and maintenance of equipment.
- Cabinet supplied pre-assembled as standard.
- Removable quick release, bi-folding door to offer improved access for maintenance.
- Lacquer coated, fully adjustable, soft close hinges.
- Adjustable feet to allow correct levelling of the aquarium on uneven floors.
- Good ventilation incorporated into the chiller and sump areas.
- Separate chiller section with storage shelf included on larger models.
The top, bottom and main structural uprights of the cabinet are made of 36mm waterproof board, making it extremely strong and rigid with excellent load bearing properties, giving the impression of a piece of furniture rather than just a simple tank cabinet.
The 1200 and 1500 models incorporate a separate storage or chiller section with an adjustable shelf.
The extra internal height inside the cabinet provides good headroom for use of taller equipment and benefits ease of maintenance. Access is further improved by incorporating removable quick release. double folding doors.
When installing any aquarium, it is of the upmost importance to provide a level base, unlevelled cabinets can add stress the glass and can result in an uneven water level in the aquarium. The D-D aquarium cabinet design includes heavy duty adjustable feet allowing for full levelling of the cabinet and aquarium.
- Twin filter socks for super fine prefiltration of the water.
- Filter sock silencing to remove any annoying trickle.
- Large skimmer / equipment section.
- Refugium section for caulerpa bed or for growing coral frags.
- Pump chamber.
- Large top-up reservoir.
The ultra-quiet twin pipe weir system is further refined by the first section of the sump, resulting in a silent water return with no splashing or gurgling.
The water then overflows into a twin filter socks section which incorporates a diffused silencer plate to silence any water noise. From there the filtered water flows into two large equipment compartments. These chambers can both hold equipment such as skimmers, media reactors, calcium reactors etc or you can use one chamber as a refugium with caulerpa/cheato.
Here again there is flexibility to alternate these sections for those who prefer to skim before or skim after the refugium. The final section is a generous sized return pump compartment which sits beside the integrated water top off reservoir located to the side of the sump
SpecificationsSystem Volume: 290 Litres
Tank Volume: 225 Litres
Lighting: 2x AI Prime HD (see below)
Tank Glass Thickness: 12mm
Sump Glass Thickness: 6mm
Dimensions (LxWxH)Total: 90 x 60 x 148cm
Aquarium: 90 x 60 x 46cm
Sump: 67 x 46 x 38cm
Cabinet: 90 x 60 x 102cm
2x AI Prime HDWith built-in Wi-Fi, the AI Prime® HD is brilliantly simple to use. Connect to one and it becomes the parent, controlling all other Prime children automatically.
There's no need to buy an additional controller just to be able to use your light properly, the AI Prime® HD has control built-in. Just use your iOS, Android or internet-connected device to control the Prime, anywhere in the world!
The Prime continues the AI product line's legacy of full spectrum performance with an output that exceeds the visible light spectrum, providing your livestock with the light they crave.
With a spread of 24" x 24", the AI Prime® HD has a peak PAR of 100µMol at a depth of 24 inches, more than enough for your hungriest of livestock. Drawing a maximum of 55 watts from the wall, it follows in the family’s efficient footsteps.
The AI Prime® HD comes standard with 80 degree lenses giving you the best balance of power and spread. Our lens optics are custom designed, boasting greater than 90% optical efficiency and including a diffuse exit surface to provide improved colour blending.
Aquacadabra acts as credit broker/intermediary and not as a lender.
Klarna's credit products are provided by Klarna Bank AB, which is authorised and regulated by the Swedish Financial Services Authority, with limited supervision by the Financial Conduct Authority. More information can be found here.
Newpay finance options are provided through Deko’s platform by NewDay. P.D. Aquatics Ltd, t/a Aquacadabra is an Introducer Appointed Representative of Pay4Later Ltd, t/a Deko, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (ref no 728646) and is a credit broker, not a lender. NewDay Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (ref no 690292) and is authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority under the Payment Services Regulations 2017 for the provision of payment services (ref no 555318). More information can be found by clicking the newpay option above, or in the Newpay FAQs.
Delivery & Returns
We really want you to be happy with the product that you've received. If however, when the goods arrive they're not what you want, then no problem - we have a 60 day no quibble return guarantee. Just let us know that you're going to return the item(s) by contacting us (stating your Order Number) and complete the returns packing slip that will have been included with your delivery. This will help us to quickly identify the item that you have returned (unopened and unused) - and we'll put a refund through for you.