The phosphate concentration in natural saltwater is approximately 0.06 mg/l (ppm). However, the phosphate concentration in coral reefs may be much lower, typically between 0.01 and 0.02 mg/l (ppm). The objective is to establish an appropriate level in relation to the number and type of aquarium inhabitants. In freshwater applications, a phosphate concentration of up to 0.4 mg/l (ppm) is suitable; however 1 mg/l (ppm) should not be exceeded. Even a concentration of 0.02 mg/l (ppm) is adequate for supplying aquatic plants with nutrients. Therefore, the phosphate concentration in the aquarium water should be tested regularly.
With the high resolution Tropic Marin Phosphate-Test Professional the phosphate concentration can be determined with a particularly high accuracy in the low concentration range between 0.01 and 1 mg/l.
- Measurement range: 0.01 - 1.0 mg/l (ppm)
- Accuracy: 0.02 mg/l (ppm)
- For determining the phosphate concentration in aquaria
- Incl. comparator and phosphate standard to check function and shelf life of the test reagents
- Sufficient for approximately 50 applications
How to use:
- Shake the dropper bottles before use! Assemble and prepare the comparator.
- Rinse out both glass cuvettes with tap water and then several times with aquarium water.
- Fill each glass cuvette with exactly 5 ml of aquarium water using the dosing syringe. Put one of the two water samples aside as a reference.
- Add 10 drops (for saltwater) or 12 drops (for freshwater) of test reagent A to the test cuvette, close the glass cuvette using the stopper and briefly shake the sample.
- After that, add 4 drops of test reagent B, close the glass cuvette once again and briefly shake it.
- After 2 minutes of development time place the open test cuvette and the reference cuvette with the water sample into the comparator. Place the comparator on the colour card in such a way that the reference cuvette is sitting on a coloured field and the test cuvette on a white field
- Now compare the opposing fields. To do this, look into the open cuvettes from above. Move the comparator on the colour card until both cuvettes match exactly.
- Read off the phosphate concentration under the relevant colour field. If the colours do not match exactly, an intermediate value can be estimated.
- Rinse out the glass cuvettes and the syringe thoroughly with tap water after the measurement process.
Aquacadabra acts as credit broker/intermediary and not as a lender.
Klarna's credit products are provided by Klarna Bank AB, which is authorised and regulated by the Swedish Financial Services Authority, with limited supervision by the Financial Conduct Authority. More information can be found here.
Newpay finance options are provided through Deko’s platform by NewDay. P.D. Aquatics Ltd, t/a Aquacadabra is an Introducer Appointed Representative of Pay4Later Ltd, t/a Deko, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (ref no 728646) and is a credit broker, not a lender. NewDay Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (ref no 690292) and is authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority under the Payment Services Regulations 2017 for the provision of payment services (ref no 555318). More information can be found by clicking the newpay option above, or in the Newpay FAQs.
Delivery & Returns
We really want you to be happy with the product that you've received. If however, when the goods arrive they're not what you want, then no problem - we have a 60 day no quibble return guarantee. Just let us know that you're going to return the item(s) by contacting us (stating your Order Number) and complete the returns packing slip that will have been included with your delivery. This will help us to quickly identify the item that you have returned (unopened and unused) - and we'll put a refund through for you.