Tunze Care Algae Magnet ‘Long’ 0220.015 for 10 - 15mm Thick Glass.
Tunze Care Algae Magnets are magnetic cleaners used for cleaning aquarium glass. They are available in a range of sizes for glass thicknesses from 6mm up to 20mm thick.
The “ Tunze Care Magnet“ is a new design that consists of an ergonomic handle with special plastic blades made of wear-resistant high performance plastic. The patented slim Care Magnet is significantly more compact than conventional algae magnets with a large cleaning surface, it is unobtrusive and therefore able to remain within the aquarium when not in use.
Why “Care Magnet”?
This glass cleaner doesn‘t cause any scratches on internal aquarium panes, glass or acrylic. The inner magnet is more than 3mm away from the aquarium and thus reduces the jamming of the aquarium sand. The two plastic blades remove the algae considerably better from the glass panes than a flat cleaning surface - almost as good as a sharp metal blade. The life of a blade is from several months up to approximately one year. The low flow resistance during the cleaning with a simultaneous high magnetic coupling, makes a separation of the magnet nearly impossible. The large blade should only be modified with the included stainless steel blade for aquarium glass panes with particularly tough algae, e.g. older deposits on the side walls or thick calcareous algae.
* Patented design using plastic blades with a different length, creates a varying application pressure, enabling the narrow blade to remove even tightly attached algae. With the wide blade, it is possible to perform a large-scale algae removal.
* Thanks to its slim design, the plants and the corals will not be disturbed.
* The plastic blades are also suitable for acrylic panes. The Care Magnet can also be used on curved aquarium glass.
* Plastic blades with round edges enable a smooth transition to the next pane at the aquarium edges without damaging the silicone seals.
* It doesn‘t distribute the algae within the aquarium as a green dust; it rather roles them up completely, and through this turns the algae film into actual food for the fish.
* It can also be used as a hand scraper.
For glass thicknesses: 10mm - 15mm maximum.
86mm wide x 140mm long.
Suitable for marine, freshwater tropical and coldwater aquariums.
The product is supplied in the original packaging, is the latest UK version & is supplied with all the Tunze manuals and guarantees.
Aquacadabra acts as credit broker/intermediary and not as a lender.
Klarna's credit products are provided by Klarna Bank AB, which is authorised and regulated by the Swedish Financial Services Authority, with limited supervision by the Financial Conduct Authority. More information can be found here.
Newpay finance options are provided through Deko’s platform by NewDay. P.D. Aquatics Ltd, t/a Aquacadabra is an Introducer Appointed Representative of Pay4Later Ltd, t/a Deko, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (ref no 728646) and is a credit broker, not a lender. NewDay Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (ref no 690292) and is authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority under the Payment Services Regulations 2017 for the provision of payment services (ref no 555318). More information can be found by clicking the newpay option above, or in the Newpay FAQs.
Delivery & Returns
We really want you to be happy with the product that you've received. If however, when the goods arrive they're not what you want, then no problem - we have a 60 day no quibble return guarantee. Just let us know that you're going to return the item(s) by contacting us (stating your Order Number) and complete the returns packing slip that will have been included with your delivery. This will help us to quickly identify the item that you have returned (unopened and unused) - and we'll put a refund through for you.